Sunday, August 8, 2010

Update on the missing box

I was talking to my Bonnie about the missing box and its contents, and she offered a good suggestion.  A few years back, I organized all my childhood stuff that was in various rooms and boxes into 2 huge (read:  50 gallon) plastic totes.  We're talking dolls, clothes, papers, cassette tapes, my letter jacket from high school, etc.   She suggested I look in them to see if any of the missing items were in there.

And, what do you know?  Success!  I found my soap opera, multiple copies, along with all the notes from the teacher, drafts, edits, and the lined purple notebook paper, although my memory was a little off - it's notepad paper...but all other details were right!

I also found my honor stole, but no graduation cap.  Which tells me that perhaps these items aren't missing, but may have been the victims of the great purge of 2003 when I moved from Fredericksburg to Richmond.  I only think that because the honor stole and grad cap wouldn't have been separated - they were both in that box. I really would like to think I didn't discard the other items on purpose, for nostalgia's sake, but it's looking more and more like I did. :(

Bonus find:  the Last Will and Testament issue of our school newspaper, the Smoke Signal, from my senior  year.  It's funny to read all of the private jokes we had in high school, but sad that I don't remember a few of them.  I'm about to OD on nostalgia....

2 comments: