So far, I:
- Visited Graves Mountain and the State Fair, where I rode the Ferris wheel with 2 very supportive friends and 1 very unsupportive husband :)
- Found Jonagold apples during a work off-site in Charlottesville - Carter Mountain Orchard always delivers! :)
- Made homemade applesauce.
- Funny story about this: after I published the post about making the applesauce, a coworker reminded me that I have attempted applesauce before with VERY bad results! 5 years ago or so I tried making applesauce without consulting any recipes or cookbooks - I thought it can't be that hard and used my KitchenAid mixer to blend/mash the apples. What was I thinking? Shortly after I shared my applesauce misadventure with everyone at work, Kara read an article in the Washington Post about applesauce being a dummy-proof recipe and anyone could do it! We all got a great laugh out of it - how could I forget that?!? So this was not my maiden voyage, but this time I used my brain...and a recipe :)
- Taken a staycation!
- Carved a pumpkin - actually 2!
- Visited James Madison's Montpelier - stay tuned for that post this weekend :)
- Drank a pumpkin spice latte - never tried one before, and it is like crack! My favorite cold-weather drink is still the caramel apple spice, and the gingerbread latte is good in small doses, but the pumpkin spice is awesome! Go get yourself one :)
All that's left is reading a non-textbook book, getting a flu shot, completing a project inspired by Pinterest (which I hope to finish up on Saturday), and roasting a pumpkin (the scariest thing on the list!). Here's hoping the other two-thirds of fall will be equally productive!