Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why

What to do with all these apples?  Hmmm....

I've already made apple cobbler cupcakes.  I was going to make an apple pie, but I got frustrated by the fact that I don't have an apple corer/peeler/slicer and had a temper tantrum instead.  I want to make an apple crisp but don't have any oats. 

Bonnie and I are planning on canning apple pie filling in November, but I'm not sure these apples will last until then.  Guess I'm off to Google some awesome apple recipes!  Preferably one that includes a can of pumpkin, so the can on my counter will stop staring at me with those sad, sad eyes.

Wow, what a problem to have.  I think tonight after school I'll make some pumpkin apple bread - and I'm sure it won't last long once it's cooked.

2 comments:

  1. I have an apple crisp recipe that doesn't need oats (I don't think) I will look it up when I get home and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could make some apple turnovers. That's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete