Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cinnamon Toast Crunch cupcakes

Dave found Cinnamon Toast Crunch cupcakes on Pinterest and I decided to make them for a Holiday Christmas potluck at work.

I used my basic vanilla cupcake recipe, adding about 3/4 cup of chopped cereal into the batter for a little crunch.  The first time we made these, I used the rolling pin/ziploc bag method and the chunks of cereal were too big, which make them kinda of chewy after baking.  The second time, I had my new food processor, and that did a much better job of pulverizing the cereal to the right size.

I used cream cheese buttercream (cut this recipe in half) and added a little extra pulverized cereal on top as a garnish, along with 1 whole piece of cereal.  So cute!

I didn't bring any of these home!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These sound so good! I love quirky baked goods that incorporate things like cereal, odd candy, and other interesting things. I'm passing these on to my hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love your new blog look. It's clean and classy looking. :D

    ReplyDelete