Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fall Bucket List: Complete!

Today is the first day of winter, and I am happy to report that I checked off every item on my Fall Bucket List!

Here's a recap:


  • I found Jonagold apples at Carter Mountain Orchard during a work event
  • I got a free flu shot at work
  • I made homemade applesauce - not for the first time, but the first time using a recipe and the correct tools


  • I took a staycation during a fall semester break from school
  • Dave and I carved pumpkins to display on our front porch



Done!  Though I am glad I am able to check off all items on the list, I have to admit the book I read to satisfy that item was only 22 pages long.  I had big plans to read another book - a meatier one - and am still going to finish it, but it didn't happen in the fall.  Too bad.

The point of doing this was to help take my mind off 24/7 school, and that part was definitely a success!  I finished my semester with an A and a B, plus I managed to have some fun.  It got me out of the house and away from the computer, and it also motivated me to do some projects.

Now I'm moving on to my winter list - though I'm not calling it a bucket list so I don't feel the must-check-off-every-item-or-I'm-a-failure pressure.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment