Monday, February 8, 2010

Dump cake

While some of you were eating creme brulee and flan growing up, I was eating dump cake.

This is a great dessert when you can't decide if you want to bake a pie or a cake, or when you only have pie filling and cake mix, but no crust or vegetable oil, which is the case in my house today.

I put 2 cans of cherry pie filling in a 9x13 cake pan, sprinkled dry white cake mix on top, then a layer of walnuts (pecans work too), and some squares of butter.   


Not sure how long to bake it, but I'm starting with the directions on the cake box and we'll go from there.

EDIT:  Here's the finished product:

1 comment:

  1. I want to try this. You always talk about it and I've never had dump cake before. The name isn't so appealing but looks good. :)

    ReplyDelete