Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Florida! Part II

Day 2 of our trip was a little less exciting than our golf day! We headed up to Jacksonville's St. John's Town Center for lunch and some shopping. We ate at Ted's Montana Grill, which serves bison instead of beef - yum! I got a burger with avocado instead of condiments or cheese and it was tres good! :)

After lunch we ran some errands and then hit the Fossil store to find Dave a watch. Here's where we landed:

Cute Masculine and hip, right? I really like how it will work with dressy or casual clothes and isn't too fancy. It's also the most expensive of the 3 choices he showed me. What can I say, I guess I have expensive taste :) After we picked up a surprise for Bonnie, also from Fossil, we visited a few more shops and then headed home. One of those shops was Brookstone, where I got this awesome iPad dock that turns my iPad into a monitor and swivels so you can set it vertically or horizontally. I'm all about the gadgets...

We took a swim when we got back to my parents' house...

...and then made dinner. My mom suggested swiss steak, which is a round steak covered with onions, mushrooms (I added this step), and tomato sauce before cooking. We served squash and zucchini, and homemade mashed taters with it - fabulous dinner!

For dessert we had some strawberry cheesecake bites. The first time I made these was a mostly-fail because the cheesecake filling was too liquidy to pipe into the strawberries. My mom said she wanted to make these while we were here this week, so we picked up a no-bake cheesecake mix to use for the filling. It worked so much better than the mix I made!

Since I forgot my pastry bag and tip, we used a good ole sandwich bag to fill the strawberries with cheesecake filling...

The we sprinkled the graham crackers that came with the no-bake cheesecake mix on top...

...you have to try these! So cheap and easy...

To finish the night, we watched Caddyshack. Since we went to the restaurant Monday and Dave made it public that I've never watched it all the way through in 1 sitting, my parents retrieved it from their DVD collection and we watched it! Only I fell asleep towards the end, so I've still not watched the whole movie at once. :) Dave wore a shirt he got in the gift shop at the restaurant in honor of our golf day:

After dinner I worked on a project for the house, which I'll share later this week when I have some time to write it up...I'm so happy with the way it turned out - sentimental and fun, all at the same time! :)

Stay tuned for Part III!

No comments:

Post a Comment