Saturday, August 29, 2009

We drove an hour for cheese...

Today, the plan was to visit Montpelier, and then visit a quaint Mennonite-run store in Madison County - Yoder's Country Market. But, thanks to tropical storm Danny, we didn't make it to Montpelier. It rained all morning, and even though the sun made a brief appearance in the afternoon, everything was muddy, so we decided to scratch the historic aspect of the adventure.

On the way to Yoder's, we saw some skydivers jump out of a plane - then we watched their landing at the nearby airport. Pretty cool to watch, but I will never be the one jumping!


So, what we ended up with was an hour drive, in addition to coming to Fredericksburg from RVA, to buy some cheese and bologna. Don't get me wrong, this is good cheese and bologna, straight from the farm...but really?

It is cute though. And picturesque:


On the way home, we stopped at the revamped "Spotsylvania Towne Centre" to walk around like every high-schooler in town. BTW, that is the last time I will call it that - it will always be Spotsylvania Mall to me!

I trust you all had some comparable adventures today - don't be jealous :)

Tomorrow's agenda: "Defiance," homework, and sleep. Lazy Sunday, I have missed you!

visit my blog at http://updownleftrightbastart.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment