Thursday, February 19, 2015

Funeral Biscuits

Alternate Title: 'Terrible Name; Delicious Sandwich'

I know its morbid, but every website where I searched for these sandwiches called them Funeral Biscuits. I guess it's a southern thing - but it has something to do with how well they freeze and how many you can make very quickly, both of which  make them convenient to take to funerals that are unexpected?

At any rate, they're delicious!

All you need is slider buns (I buy 1 package that usually comes with 12 buns), ham (2 tubs of pre-sliced deli ham), sliced swiss cheese (6 or 8 slices, and it better be Guggisberg) and the following ingredients for the glaze:

  • 1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
  • 4 tbsp. melted butter
  • 1 tbs. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. poppy seeds

Since I use slider buns, or Hawaiian rolls (YUM), I make 12 of these at a time and it's more than enough for a dinner + leftover lunch for both Dave and I. But you can easily multiply the recipe to make a shload of them for a special event. Bake them at 350 degrees for 10 minutes and you'll have ooey gooey cheese and perfectly glazed buns. ;)

I got the glaze recipe from Tasty Kitchen, but upped the poppy seeds because I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment