We re-enacted that scene from Forrest Gump, talking about all the things we would make with our peaches! I was hoping for a peach pie, but today at work, while I was, um, working, I came across this Pampered Chef recipe for a cobbler-ish "peach pie" that can be made in the deep covered baker.
Here is the recipe - from the Facebook page of Pampered Chef consultant, Jan Spencer:
- refrigerated pie crust (1 rolled crust), chilled
- 1 tsp cinnamon (1/2 for sprinkling on crust, 1/2 for peach mixture)
- 1 lemon (or 1 tbsp. lemon juice)
- 1 lb (about 8 good sized fresh) frozen peaches, thawed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecan halves
- Powdered sugar and vanilla ice cream (optional)
I'm not going to even try a tutorial, because this nice young man made a video that is much better than anything I would present.
my terrible iphone photo
We both scooped some out and added a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top - perfect summer treat! The fresh peaches are so juicy!