Friday, January 18, 2013

2013 Cookbook Challenge: Week 2

I published a confession on Facebook a few months back about never having made potato soup. Some made fun, others were surprised, even more shared recipes! My sister-in-law sent me a few recipes for soups/chilis she recently made in her slow cooker, and a few weeks later I got this Cooking Light Slow Cooker recipe book in the mail from her - so sweet!

There are a ton (well, a majority of the 105 recipes included) I want to try, but the first one we chose is Chinese pork tenderloin with garlic-spiced noodles.

I deviated from the recipe a bit by dumping everything in the Crock-Pot at once (except for the Chinese-style noodles) and let it cook all together. Crock-Pot recipes are supposed to be set-it-and-forget-it but this one was a little more high maintenance, so I rebelled a bit. :)

Ours looks a little different than the photo in the magazine (don't they all?) because I threw in the carrots and green onions with everything else rather than adding them at the end. Still tasted awesome! Plus the whole house smells like peanuts and soy sauce, and that ain't bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment