Since then, I've been following Rural Revolution on Facebook hoping I could get my hands on some more soaps - sure I could order some from their Etsy shop, but since they're from Hanover I knew they'd eventually have soaps in some local shops that I could smell beforehand. All of the scents sound lovely but soaps and candles are questionable if you haven't smelled them first-hand, am I right?
Adding to my suspense was a new product they developed called Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed Eye Serum for laugh lines, dark circles, and puffiness. Lately I've had some dark circles going on because I've been staying up too late either doing schoolwork, wasting time on Facebook/Pinterest, or just vegging in front of the tv...so I wanted to try this serum.
Yesterday Dave and I tracked down place that carries both the soaps and serum - Farm 2 Family - the market that has a bus that parks in a random place in the Fan every day selling their vegetables. They came to Capital One once during a buy local event and gave me shit about using my debit card to buy a $4 onion, but I forgave them for the day :)
Looks like a crappy day but it was beautiful outside! We didn't buy any vegetables because the selection was pretty limited in the store (I'll stick to Berry's Produce), but it was hard to resist this MONSTER asparagus!
The phone is in there just for scale - holy crap these things were enormous!!
They had a pretty awesome DIY jewelry display that I might copy - I've seen similar things on Pinterest and love them!
We picked up 2 new soaps - True Grit (almond) and Berries 'n Cream - and I found the serum! How cute is this little bottle!?
Can't wait to try it! It smells really good and is all natural - the only ingredients are natural oils. Here are the benefits of each, from their site:
- Grape Seed Oil: full of antioxidants that fight aging, loaded with fatty acids which help with the production of healthy cells
- Carrot Seed Oil: removes toxins and water build-up, creates firmer skin
- Pomegranate Seed Oil: high in lipids, it helps reduce puffiness and swelling, highly effective when treating eczema
- Cranberry Seed Oil: contains vitamin E which is highly moisturizing and helps with under eye circles, contains vitamin A which helps with acne and dry skin
- Lavender Essence Oil: calming scent
The soaps are in use already - the strawberry one smells so good!!
Full of strawberry seeds! <3
We also picked up a bread mix that I'll share later :)