Friday, December 24, 2010

Not very Christmas-y, but yummy!

You'd think after all that baking yesterday I wouldn't want to step foot in my kitchen today.  But the opposite is true.  I couldn't wait to get in there today and bake something, although it started to feel like the need to check something off my to-do list rather than a fun, baking experiment.  I have some Andes and peppermint morsels, and want to make the cookies from the recipe on the bag, but since Dave's not a fan of chocolate and mint, both of those were out.  I'm not making the just for me - maybe I'll make some next weekend so I can share them with coworkers...

Once the mint option was out, I decided to make peanut butter kiss cookies.  These are my favorite cookie, but I don't make them often.  That way, they're a treat when I do make them.  So good!

The plan for the rest of the day is making pies for tomorrow, getting Chinese takeout for dinner, and opening our presents to each other.  Tomorrow is Christmas at Dave's parents' house!  Hope there's either a puzzle or a game of parcheesi in my future!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

    Sounds like a wonderful good Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete