Monday, July 19, 2010

PB&J Cupcakes: An Experiment

Two Sweet has the most unbelievably tasty peanut butter and jelly cupcake.  The cupcake is cakey but also crunchy like bread, the jelly is just enough, and the frosting is so creamy and peanut buttery...mmmmmm.

So I decided to try it.  I'm not happy with the cupcake part, I used a crappy recipe, but it just might work.  It's more biscuity or bread-like, rather than cakey, which is what I like about the professional version, but this is realllllly bread-like.  We'll see how they taste!

Once my cupcakes had baked and cooled, I injected them with grape jelly.  I thought about scooping out a spoonful of the cupcake and put the jelly in the hole, but injecting sounds so much cooler.  So I went with that... :)


Then I mixed up the peanut butter buttercream and piped it onto the cupcakes...

The finishing touch is peanut butter morsels.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment