Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Boy am I in trouble

I just broke the shit out of Dave's camera...

But before I tell you about that, let's talk about what led up to it:

After we ate dinner and opened our presents, we decided to go look at tacky Christmas lights. I tried to map out our course using a tacky lights tour address list, but couldn't figure out how to see them all in the least amount of time, and in the most efficient way, so we decided to just drive around and see what we happened to see.

We first went to the West End to Kayhoe Rd., off Springfield, to see a pair of houses Dave saw last night after a bridal consultation. Both were good, but one had the lights timed out to blink to the beat of Christmas music on 102.9FM. Not sure how they did it, but it was AWESOME!

Then we decided to go see how the rich people decorate for Christmas, so we headed over to River Road. We drove around a few neighborhoods, and based on what I was seeing, I decided that I wanted to start documenting a tacky tree tour, instead of a tacky light tour. Those rich people sure do know how to tackily decorate a tree! Some pictures are attached, along with a photo of one family's set of 3 porch monkeys (sorry, they are literally porch monkeys), designed after "see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil" and dressed up for Christmas. I can't believe they got that past the HOA.

Enjoy the pics...

Ok, so then we drove further down River Road towards Parham and 8220 River Road is so overly decorated we had to turn around to get pictures. We couldn't just slow down in front because there were too many cars. So we pulled into the driveway and I got out to take some pics, but I tripped over my pantleg and put out my hands to brace myself to fall, not remembering that the camera's neck strap was not around my neck! You guessed it, the camera smashed into several pieces in 8220 River Road's driveway. As I collected the pieces without saying a word and put them in the front seat, Dave looked at them in horror. I asked hopefully if the camera was alright and I could tell by his face that it was not. The lens is broken, the body is broken, and the piece that holds them together that is normally attached to the body was stuck to the lens. Not ideal. I even cracked the UV filter in half. This driveway must have been made of some serious bricks!

I feel really bad and now I need to go shopping online for the cheapest D80 or D90 I can find! And if anyone has a 18-200 Nikon lens sitting around collecting dust, I need it!





No comments:

Post a Comment