Thursday, February 11, 2016

Favorite Feelings!

I've seen this concept going around youtube lately, so I'm shamelessly stealing it to share my favorite feelings!

If you know me, you know I'm not good with expressing my feelings about mushy, emotional stuff, so these are more feelings that just help improve my mood or my day. We're not getting deep here. So here goes:

  • TMI - but taking my bra off at the end of a long day (or, let's be honest, even after a brief trip to Target) is THE BEST!  Free + comfortable = 2 thumbs up!
  • We live in RVA and all our friends live an hour away, so we don't get to see each other every weekend or even every other weekend. It takes planning and coordination - there is no texting 'Hey wanna meet at Applebee's?' going on. BTW - I know Applebee's is ew, but the chicken fajita rollup is amazing. Anyway, even though we don't see each other as often as I'd like, showing up to one of their houses and picking up where we left off the last time without any awkward silence feels pretty good. And, just saying, there really is 0 silence. We're all obnoxious and rarely do any of us finish a sentence uninterrupted. It's GREAT.
  • Speaking of silence, do you ever take 5 minutes of time to just sit - in the car between errands, in the house while you're cleaning or reading, in the shed or garden - and just be alone with your thoughts? Sure, there's white noise, but there is nobody talking, no TV blaring, no phone distracting you, and you can just sit, be calm, and recharge. Then you're ready to face the rest of the day. I do this a lot.
  • Coming over the ridge of the hill at MM125 on 95N and seeing the chain mecca that is the Massaponax exit. It means I'm home. I'm comfortable. I'm safe. It also means I'm probably about to see my friends or family.
  • Finishing a big task at work and sending it off for approval. I know there will be edits and feedback, but for now, I did my best and I am finished.
  • Related, having an AHA moment - when I figure something out that's been bothering me, whether it's how to handle a personal situation, how to fix or organize something that's not working, or solving a problem at work. Sigh.
  • Having someone who knows your subtle, snarky faces and laughs without you having to even say anything. That's a BFF.
  • The first real day of spring when I can open the windows and air out the house from being cooped up all winter. It makes me dream of my little garden (by little I mean like 3 veggies or less or else I'll kill them all) and all the fun activities we can do outside in the coming months!
  • Football weather. This one I can't explain - it's just a feeling when I walk outside and can smell the leaves and there's a chill in the air but not enough to wear a coat. Yes.
  • Getting off the plane at a vacation destination. It means the logistics of the day are over, the planning was successful, I have arrived, and I can finally relax and start the vacation.
  • This:

1 comment:

  1. I have that same feeling going up that last hill and seeing route 1 in the distance.

    ReplyDelete